History in the Making!

Posted by Jonny Boy | 2:36 AM | 0 comments »

Who thinks they know what this post will be about?

Come on, Hands up!

Who thinks this is going to be about history being made in the White House by a Black man. That would be somewhat of a good guess, a logical presupposition to maintain one may say. But alas, not so fast Josephine. To be sure, Barack H. Obama has made history, and no matter what your political postering, it is momentous!

While there has been much grist that could have passed through this mill recently, this will have to wait for another day. You see, I am on holiday (I didn't want to lose any one of my three visitors), and while one can still "do their blog thing", I am working under the most adverse of circumstances, trying to navigate on what can only be described as the devils dial-up. "Up", there is nothing of the sort, call it "dial-down", for all its bipolar, Jekyll and Hyde-isms.

Therefore, the history in the making was meant to indicate that this could very well be one of my shortest posts ever (the emphasis being on "could").

If you have taken the time to read my three posts (I am not intentionally trying to be funny, laughing in my face could be construed to be rude), then you will realise that I am the Scunthorpe United of Computer-Geeks, the Detroit Lions of the Techy world, the George W. Bush of the Information Technology superhighway (the "W" standing for "Winner" in my case and not "Walker"). In other words, I don't know much, fail regularly, and sound stupid talking about it.

Nevertheless, I am not alone in this quest, I have my Dick Cheney.... OK, ok, my guy has more hair!

Given the above computer reality, one should expect the unexpected. However, I do have a rather unusual experience to report.

As I made my way safely to my blog, minding my own, all of a sudden the lights went on as someone had changed my home page, and made all these wierd blog associations, insinuating all manner of things. I had machinations of Gitmo and rendition, with big strong men boarding water with impunity. This was not helped as I had just watched Eagle Eye, which I am sure was not another veiled attempt at carpet bombing the Bush administration, which would be so unlike Spielberg.

Suddenly I was beginning to think that my chicken's had come home to roost (you were right Rev. Wright), someone had been fiddling with my blog - Heaven's to Betsy, Code Pink! After moments, what seemed like hours of gut-wrenching anxiety, I was able to regain composure... just, and reasoned that this must have been the work of my friend, my fixer, who decided, in his wisdom that my blog needed some, you know, jeune se qua.

One can not be too careful these days, I mean, we all know that 9/11 was staged!

Just in case you are beginning to froth at the mouth, settle down Tiger, I am merely attempting to "have a go at the art of spoof, what."

I do hope you like the new lookout. I do apologise to the blogs listed on my right, I do not believe in blind dates.

I might not be able to say that "I have a dream", but "I do have an idea" that there will be more changes as our internet relationship matures.

We are presently in the Tron, Hamiltron, awaiting the "Parachute" drop, where I will once again be reminded of how old I have become, where there will also, no doubt, be some more fuel for my blog fire - I am burning up!

I will comment then on the things that are presently happening in worlds beyond, so, if you have no life, please return.

Until then, its been special... and God Bless America (get it right Rev. Wright)

Until next time...

0 comments